Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Registration Excitation

In addition to buying the Wonder Twins adorable outfits with matching hats and hair bows, I am equally excited about decorating their nursery. Geof and I have taken the first step to creating their girlie pink paradise by registering for bedding!

As much as I love Pooh Bear and Disney characters, I didn't want the babies' room look to like a scene from the latest Pixar film. I thought the twins should have a more mature, classic style for their first bedroom, so I traded the cartoon characters at Babies R' Us for the dainty decor at Restoration Hardware Baby & Child. As I clicked through the bedding collections the store offers online, I knew I had found exactly what I was looking for.

The petal pink (light pink), sorbet (darker pink) and chocolate brown shades are so cute! I could easily imagine the girls sleeping in cribs adorned with striped bed skirts, solid sheets and polka dotted bumpers in those three shades. My color palette was set.

Based on those hues, Geof plans to install a white wooden chair rail around the room. Below it, he'll paint the wall chocolate brown. Above it, he'll paint the wall petal pink. We think the white cribs will "pop" nicely against the contrasting colors.

We may also put up a chocolate brown border with pink polka dots up just above the chair rail. It looks darling online, but it may be a bit too much for the size of our nursery. We'll wait and see on that one.

If you'd like to check out what we've picked out, just go to http://www.rhbabyandchild.com, click on "registry" on the top tool bar and select "give a gift." Put my name or Geof's name in the search boxes, and the registry should come up.

No comments:

Post a Comment